Sunday, January 22, 2012

 For the people that don't receive this magazine, here's some tips from Kate Moss that were in Feburary of 2012s issue!


Teen Vogue: What was your style like in High school?
Kate Moss: Well, I had just started modeling and was always surrounded by these gorgeous clothes- but actually was quite inspired by hip-hop and Harlem. I always wore high-tops paired with big goose-down jackets.


TV: You should bring that look back!
KM: [laughs] Maybe I could! Not really-especially not the sneakers. I'm not a sneaker type girl anymore.




TV:What do you wish you would have known as a teenager?
KM:To be honest, I was quite confident even then, because the neighborhood I grew up in. I was streetwise and never really tried to be anyone but myself. Be comfortable with who you are. And a lot of life is about instinct. Don't put yourself in uncomfortable situations. 


TV: Have you ever made any fashion mistakes?
KM: I'm sure! But I just forget them-even though my friends would probably be more than happy to point them all out.


TV: What advice would you give to aspiring models?
KM: Wait until your sixteen. I started when I was fourteen, and I have to say, it was a bit too young to be traveling by myself. It's harder to be a teen these days than when I was a teen. Take some time to learn who you are. Anything you want to do can wait until after that,


TV: What about greatest hits? What's been a favorite look of yours?
KM:My 34th birthday party- Chanel sent me a gorgeous navy blue dress with stars on it to match my starry eye makeup, and it was perfect.


TV: Pick up any great makeup tricks on the way?
KM: Designing this Rimmel collection was great-I love a red lip. And I never leave my house without kohl eyeliner. It's always in my bag. Pat McGrath taught me how to apply it quickly. It's a two minute trick; you just have to get it in there and not be afraid to clean up afterward. Now, I can apply it anywhere, in the back of a car, even without a mirror. I just stick it in, close my eyes a bit, and smudge it out.


TV: Brilliant! Any other tricks?
KM: Makeup artist Dick Page taught me about the importance of contouring. Bronzer is really key. He also taught me that you can put a touch of lipstick on your cheeks to use as blush.


TV: What makes someone truly beautiful in your eyes?
KM: It's inner beauty and personal style. It's attractive when people have their own person take on fashion. Don't follow anyone else.


So that is Kate Moss's interview with Teen Vogue! For more from teen vogue just click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment