Saturday, January 21, 2012

Be the best babysitter on your block! 


"If the kids get a small cut, use a red or dark-colored towel so the blood doesn't scare them" - Sarah Wisconsin


" If you have to go to the bathroom while watching a baby, put her in a crib or a playpen while you're gone. Never leave her out." Andi Florida


" You're the boss. Even though you may not feel like it, you're in charge. The kids look up to you!" Heather  Connecticut


" I always bring a night-light in my backpack when I go babysitting. Some kids are very afraid of the dark!" Joan Rhode Island




"When the kids are fighting, I set them on chairs across from each other and tell the to give each other ugly faces. Before you know it, they can't frown, and they end up laughing!" Jen Wisconsin




"One time I was babysitting four little girls. They were bored and the house was a mess. So I invented a game. In each room, a girl was the queen and the rest of us were servants. She told us what to pick up or clean. We appointed a new queen for each room. It worked like a charm, and their mom was happy about the house!" Anna Washington


" Don't wear necklaces or dangling earrings. Babies love to pull on them, you could end up with sore ears or a broken necklace. Wear nice but comfortable clothes. You'll look professional and still be able to crawl around with the kids." Melissa Indiana & Justina Arkansas 


"I like to make happy faces on sandwiches with raisins for the eyes and mouth. Or I stick a straw in the sandwich and tape on a paper sail for a sandwich boat!" Robin Vermont


" I took a Red Cross babysitting course in my town. I recommend it for girls who want to be good babysitters. Plus, parents will be more apt to trust you with their kids if they know you're certified!" Emily Oregeon


Check back later for some more super secrets that will not only help the kids, but help you to!







No comments:

Post a Comment